[WikiEN-l] Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:57:01 UTC 2009

2009/9/9 Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>:

> I think an admin undeleting a speedy should always leave a note to the
> deleting admin, explaining why. The usual reason would be that a mistake
> of some kind (e.g. on copyright) has been made in applying CSD. If there
> is an issue of a judgement call on notability it might be better to
> discuss with the deleting admin first. Of course there is common sense
> to apply: if the deletion was for nonsense content, and I'm recreating
> the topic with sensible content, that is hardly "reversing an admin
> action". But where it is a case of reversing a considered action of
> another admin, not just sorting out a mistake, our code of admin conduct
> suggests strongly that you consult first (if the urgency is low).

I believe the "no need to nag" came from speedy patrollers complaining
that thinking about their hasty decisions would mean they couldn't
think about them fast enough - i.e., that speedies generally *are not*
considered actions. Treating them as such would lead to over-defending
them, i.e. drama.

- d.