[WikiEN-l] Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 9 14:53:11 UTC 2009

Carcharoth wrote:
> I have seen some PRODs deleted not as PRODs but as CSDs (and
> inaccurate CSDs as well). That sometimes gets me confused. PRODs can
> be undeleted, but I've never been 100% sure about CSDs. Do you need to
> ask the deleting administrator about those first?

I think an admin undeleting a speedy should always leave a note to the
deleting admin, explaining why. The usual reason would be that a mistake
of some kind (e.g. on copyright) has been made in applying CSD. If there
is an issue of a judgement call on notability it might be better to
discuss with the deleting admin first. Of course there is common sense
to apply: if the deletion was for nonsense content, and I'm recreating
the topic with sensible content, that is hardly "reversing an admin
action". But where it is a case of reversing a considered action of
another admin, not just sorting out a mistake, our code of admin conduct
suggests strongly that you consult first (if the urgency is low).

Charles