[WikiEN-l] Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 13:18:18 UTC 2009

2009/9/9 Apoc 2400 <apoc2400 at gmail.com>:

> On a more general note, PROD is relatively drama-free, but I wonder about
> the accuracy. Is it really good to let the hard work an editor that has
> since left Wikipedia be deleted based on 5 seconds of consideration and no
> discussion?

Anything PRODded can be undeleted by any admin without further process
- I've done this a bit (then fixed up the article to address the
concern). Presumably interested admins could go through everything
deleted via PROD and review it.

The idea of PROD was to take heat off AFD - where obvious deletions
that weren't speedies could be done without clogging AFD. And it was
specifically set up to be minimum-drama.

I assume we lose some good stuff. If I'm bored enough I'll go through some time.

(Looking at deleted material for encyclopedia-building purposes is one
respect in which admins have an actual editorial power, rather than
mere janitorial powers.)

- d.