[WikiEN-l] Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies

Apoc 2400 apoc2400 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:51:55 UTC 2009

> a) PROD is not allowed for any article that has already been PRODed or AFDed, which means you have to go through the history first - making a 5 second job a 10 second job (an issue if you plan to do 50,000 articles by hand) and pushing you down a different route for
>
> There is no way you can determine if an article should be deleted in 5
seconds, unless it is a blatant attack page or patent nonsense.

> b) If you PROD an article it can be de-PRODed by anyone, without having to give a reason, which means you have to take it to AFD. This is particularly a case if a dedicated inclusionist starts to follow your actions for whatever reason.
>
> If you are indeed disruptively mass deletion tagging, then we should be
thankful if someone is keeping an eye on you.

On a more general note, PROD is relatively drama-free, but I wonder about
the accuracy. Is it really good to let the hard work an editor that has
since left Wikipedia be deleted based on 5 seconds of consideration and no
discussion?