[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:41:23 UTC 2009

I'd use it in a flash. I often find it helpful when examining an article
(for edit warriors and vandals, or dodgy editorship), to trace back where a
given wording was introduced.

I can also see it would be immensely useful to me, to be able to see which
wordings were being warred over or changed recently and which were more
stable or historically unchanged.

As I also know a number of users, it may further help me in evaluating a
text, to have a quick way ("hover" information) to say "okay, these are
texts introduced by users I know and consider decent responsible editors, so
I don't have to spend time on them and can focus on these sections".

However I would be relying on my own experience and using it as a tool to
assist and help me shortcut doing things I do already, not as a bible of
reliability, a substitute for reliable sources, or as a measure of implicit
trust.

FT2