[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:09:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 8:36 PM, FT2<ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>It's a lot less glamorous, sounds alot less dramatic, doesn't get
> the dollars - but it's got zero capability of misleading.

To be honest, what exactly is the point of this thing? I've seen this
kind of thing a couple of times when academics have been doing
research. But what's the use case? What are users supposed to do with
the knowledge? Is it important? Should end-users care?

All I can see is a moderately handy tool for editors who do a lot of
patrolling, to save them a bit of time. Other than that, it just makes
the page text hard to read, imho.

Or have I missed some radical advancement in the tech?

Steve