[WikiEN-l] Sidewiki

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:36:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Oops, can't read/can't count at this time in the morning - was launched
> 23rd September (see [[Google Toolbar]]). Does anyone actually use this
> in ways relevant to WP?

I downloaded the Google toolbar specifically to try out the side-wiki
but the icon has remained greyed out whenever I've looked at it. I've
heard reports of people giving it a go without such a problem, so not
sure what's going on and I haven't really felt moved to investigate.

I heard a radio show discussing side-wiki and one issue they raised
was that it gave web owners no control over what people said about
their site in the wiki (as opposed, say, to on-site comments).