[WikiEN-l] New way to discourage newcomers invented

Apoc 2400 apoc2400 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 22:53:30 UTC 2009

Checking the Village Pump today I discovered
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_%28proposals%29#autoconfirmed_for_unassisted_article_creation

This is an ingenious new way of getting rid of newcomers while officially
welcoming them to contribute. A newcomer who wants to create a new article
would be sent through a 7+ page procedure with no less than 21 buttons, a
number of dead ends and trap doors and about 2500 words of instructions for
a typical path from start to end.

Isn't it time to be honest with ourselves and nominate "Wikipedia is not a
bureaucracy" for deletion?

This email describes my impression. See for yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WIZ2