[WikiEN-l] Geno Delafose birth year verification?

Phil Nash pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 15:04:14 UTC 2009

Doug Henkle wrote:
>> Editor assistance:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geno_Delafose
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Geno_Delafose&diff=227724744&oldid=177273394
>> - 18:21, July 24, 2008
>>
>> Geno Delafose's birth year was changed from 1971 (as documented in
>> "MusicHound Folk", page 212, by Walters & Mansfield, 1998) to 1972,
>> by
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/68.84.78.64
>>
>>      This user has no Talk page.  How do I contact this user to find
>> out the source of this update, a more recent book, the artist Geno
>> Delafose himself, other?  I am attributed on the current page as the
>> source of the 1972 date, but I am not.  I will not change
>> Wikipedia's year back to 1971 if I feel someone may have better
>> information, and I will not change the year to 1972 on my site until
>> I know the MusicHound verified 1971 I have is incorrect.

A quick Google shows 1972 to be the prevailing DOB, except that some of
these hits are mirros of ourselved, and his biog page is under construction;
however, [[AllMusic]] is usually regarded as a reliable source, and this
also cites 1972.
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=GENO|DELAFOSE&sql=11:3vfixqu5ldke~T1

The user doesn't have a talk page because nobody has created it yet, but you
can do that simply by editing it, and you will be asked to create it.

Hope that helps.

Ask me if you have any questions; [[User Talk:Rodhullandemu]]. Cheers.