[WikiEN-l] WP and Deep Web, was Re: Age fabrication and original research

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 19:45:50 UTC 2009

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Indeed!  Without commenting for or against the content of that page, I
> am disturbed by the acronymic profligacy that this represents.

Don't be too peeved. It was previously called "Sourcemonkeys."

> The philosophic roots of this view make sense, but how do we resolve the
> opposing tendencies of bottlenecks on one side and dispersion of ideas
> on the other?

Instead of fixing a hole, or not doing something for fear of creating
new holes (or just for fear of holes in general), we 'apply good
faith' -- understanding how we can help others be helpful to...
others.

It's called "empowerment." I think. "Facilitation," maybe? Hm: "The
facilitation of empowerment and the empowerment of facilitation?"  Heh
- needs work.

> I really don't care whether Wikipedia has articles about what we can't
> shake on the other hand. ;-)

And inspiring topical pictures to go along with the article, I suppose?

-Stevertigo