[WikiEN-l] WP and Deep Web, was Re: Age fabrication and original research

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Oct 9 18:21:19 UTC 2009

Carcharoth wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 5:37 AM, stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well the WP:SOHE idea to me seems a reasonable compromise -- one that
>> makes small parts of copyright texts open to our research needs, while
>> still respecting the needs of authors to keep whole works marketable.
>>
> WP:SOHE being the page that you wrote recently:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sourcehelpers
>
> "A nearly identical concept at Wikipedia:WikiProject Resource Exchange
> (consisting of shared resources and resource requests) while
> expansive, is fairly inactive."
>
> Did you not think of trying to make Wikipedia:WikiProject Resource
> Exchange more active, rather than starting a new page and a new
> proposal?

Indeed!  Without commenting for or against the content of that page, I
am disturbed by the acronymic profligacy that this represents.  Gracing
the page with an acronym as though it's something that everyone should
know about does not help with communication.  When I encounter an
acronym like that my instinct tells me to ignore it.

Ec