[WikiEN-l] So what does Flagged Revs feel like?

Surreptitiousness surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:30:59 UTC 2009

David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:
>

>> Quality is just the default.
>> "Draft"(unflagged) "Checked" "Reviewed", perhaps?
>>

> I suspect it's actually important to get this right first time - on
> en:wp, policy formation is by someone making up a makeshift apparatus
> off the top of their head, then later editors assuming this hacky
> lashup is actually a gleaming carefully-designed stainless steel
> apparatus and defending it past the point of actual death.

Oh good god, isn't that the truth.  What makes it worse is when people
refuse to believe the person who made it up when he tells them it was
all made up, and they carry on insisting it is in fact still
carefully-designed and the real truth is that the designer must actually
have some nefarious scheme in mind or something.  I have no idea how to
deal with these situations any more. I think David is right here, but if
we're not implementing the "Reviewed" part yet, then we can kick it into
the long grass, although we do need some idea of where we're going with
it, because having some sort of destination will shape the route a
little easier.