[WikiEN-l] September 11, 2001 coverage

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Fri May 29 01:36:17 UTC 2009

on 5/28/09 8:44 PM, Oskar Sigvardsson at oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com wrote:

> I completely agree. It's a curious paradox that the subjects that are
> the most controversial, difficult and will-to-live-draining often end
> up being some of our finest articles.
>
> Out of all that vicious discussion and difficult collaboration, often
> something fairly great emerges. It's just too bad it drives so many of
> our best editors insane.

Passion and reason can often collide, and appear to interfere with one
another during the process of creating something that is both beautiful as
well as lasting. This is true whether the creator is a single person or a
group. The key is the respect that must exist between and among the
creators.

As for the insanity; isn't that a part of genius?:-). I wonder how many
times Einstein heard, "You're nuts if you think that'll work".

A work of art is the artist's way of sorting out the chaos.

Marc