[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu May 28 20:34:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Ian Woollard wrote:
> Please explain how removing publicly available, legal, verifiable,
> information from the wikipedia is common sense again?

Because whether it's common sense to remove the material doesn't depend
on whether it's publically available, legal, or verifiable.

(And anyway, it's only verifiable under ideal circumstances.  If we have
it, it will get vandalized.  The vandalized version, of course, won't be
verifiable, but it's still going to stick around for a while.)

> I think this is madness. And further, I don't have to follow it
> anyway. You're espousing censorship, but it's a *core value* that the
> wikipedia is *not* censored.

IAR is a core value, and supersedes all other core values.  It's never
legitimate to say "we should ignore common sense because our core values don't
allow for it".