[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed May 27 22:55:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Carcharoth
<carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Total number of articles: 2,893,595
> Total number of articles on people: 673,918 (23.29% of all articles)
> Total number of featured biographies: 618 (0.09% of biographies)
> Total number of BLPs: 375,584 (55.73% of biographies)
> Total number of featured BLPs: unknown

Worked out an approximation for the latter figure using the CatScan tool:

http://toolserver.org/~daniel/WikiSense/CategoryIntersect.php?wikilang=en&wikifam=.wikipedia.org&basecat=FA-Class+biography+articles&basedeep=3&mode=ts&templates=blp&go=Scan&format=html&userlang=en

Intersection of Category:FA-Class biography articles and Template:Blp
= 169 articles

http://toolserver.org/~daniel/WikiSense/CategoryIntersect.php?wikilang=en&wikifam=.wikipedia.org&basecat=FA-Class+biography+articles&basedeep=3&mode=cs&tagcat=Biography+articles+of+living+people&tagdeep=3&go=Scan&format=html&userlang=en

Intersection of Category:FA-Class biography articles and
Category:Biography articles of living people = 168 articles.

I sorted them in Excel and the total is 169. There are 36 articles on
music groups. Three "other" articles (a list, a criminal trial
article, and a summary-style daughter article). The other 130 articles
are on living individuals. I'll throw a list up on-wiki somewhere and
link from here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Carcharoth/Featured_BLPs

Carcharoth