[WikiEN-l] [Wikinews-l] Wikipedia's 'In the news'

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue May 26 02:58:10 UTC 2009

There was a bit of discussion about Wikinews on Foundation-l a few
weeks ago, which those of you don't follow that list might be
interested in.  The thread starts here:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2009-May/051762.html

The gist of the discussion was that Wikinews doesn't have a model that
is compelling enough for users to create the sort of critical mass
that would be necessary for it to be truly successful, in the face of
all the competition in the online news sphere.  My contribution to the
discussion started with a blog post I wrote recently, "Rethinking
Wikinews":
http://ragesossscholar.blogspot.com/2009/05/rethinking-wikinews.html

-Sage (User:Ragesoss)