[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun May 24 18:30:30 UTC 2009

The PDR is a reliable source.  If we are relying on the PDR for dosage
information, then we have no liability for re-reporting what they say.

If a person self-medicates, then they are already taking on the liability
for what they are doing.  Any case-law for a person suing the PDR over
incorrect information?

At any rate, the person would have to sue the editor, not the project, and
the editor could stand on the basis of simply quoting the PDR.

The PDR is an encyclopedia of drugs and our project as an "teritary source"
if you will (although I hate that term teritiary), should report everything
that any other reliable encyclopedia has to say about whatever topic.  It
seems encyclopedia to me, to report what another encyclopedia states.

Will Johnson