[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun May 24 17:43:09 UTC 2009

1. There are hundreds of thousands of places where similar harm could
be do--safe uses of a chemical, or the like. We could guard against it
by using flagged revisions on these pages.
2. We need not give only the US dose.
3. Saying according to the official USDI, the usual does is " " is as
safe as any quotation can possibly be. I am not aware of any
litigation due to a mis=print in PubMedPlus or the similar. I recall
one major correction in the print Merck a few editions back--they made
it very prominent. An error in print is much more dangerous than
online, because there is no way of ensuring  that all copies get
corrected.
4.Though we do not give medical advice, it is entirely appropriate to
indicate where reliabler advice can be found.
5. How a substance is used is encyclopedic information. It's necessary
to actually make use of our reference work. Example: A person will
come across a newspaper article discussing an overdose & giving the
amount. They will go to the encyclopedia article to put it in context.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.