[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun May 24 04:01:36 UTC 2009

I notice that in several survey the information that most  physicians
regret Wikipedia not having is information on standard dosage,
information that we have made the policy decision to omit.
I think this a particularly stupid decision. For current drugs, the
information is standardized and available from the authoritative
source--the official drug information. It's not a matter of
unsupported opinion, it's pertinent, and the sources are impeccable.
(Giving the variation in actual dosage used, or giving historical
does, is another matter, though there are sometimes sources for that
also). The general reason given is that WP is not a source of medical
advice. No, but it is and should be a source of reliable medical
information. The range of official usual dose is a fact, and can be
reported.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.