[WikiEN-l] Usability Study Results (Sneak Preview)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri May 22 08:01:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Parul Vora <pvora at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Thanks for all of the feedback, comments, and support. I just wanted to
> let you know that our full report (including highlight videos!!) is now
> up our the Usability Initiative's project wiki:
>
> http://usability.wikimedia.org/wiki/UX_and_Usability_Study

Fascinating. Is there a process in place to fix all this, I wonder.

One obvious thing: why is "preview on first edit" not on by default
for all users? No wonder they're confused out of their brains.

Also sounds like we need a "IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME EDITING?" message
that gives them a very quick intro.

Also, we badly need separate references out. They kill normal editing,
and "dumbfound" people who actually want to add refs.

Steve