[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:Advertising discussions

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:10:21 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 3:50 AM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Carcharoth
> <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Please see [[Wikipedia:Advertising discussions]], a proposal I've made
>> to formalise guidelines on where and how the largest discussions
>> should be advertised around Wikipedia to ensure sufficient input to
>> major discussions. Improvements to the page and input on the talk page
>> would be appreciated.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Advertising_discussions
>
> Hmm. I'm going through that list there, and it is actually rather
> difficult to decide what level of exposure to pitch a small proposal
> like this at. So far, I've done:
>
> *Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals)
> *Wikipedia:Village pump (policies)
> *Wikipedia talk:Canvassing
> *Wikipedia talk:Consensus
> *Wiki-en-l mailing list

I added it a while ago, but for discussions of wide interest, don't
forget the Signpost tipline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/Newsroom/Suggestions

We are trying to cover community-wide discussions on a regular basis
now. Remember that other event or project news and announcements are
also welcome at the tipline, both from en:wp and from the other
projects. It's most helpful if you can leave an item that is written
up and ready to publish :)

-- Phoebe