[WikiEN-l] someone after non-active admin accounts

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:40:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Andrew Turvey <andrewrturvey at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Automatic suspension of admins who have been inactive after a certain
> period sounds like a prudent idea - and also of admins who turn inactive
> after posting any kind of "resignation" message. By all means allow them to
> be re-activated on request without going through RFA .
>
> Andrew

Very frequently, some sort of "get it back, no big deal" routine is
mentioned in tandem with these proposals, but that's always seemed a bit
naive, to me. If a rogue account can get superuser rights back *just by
asking*, the security gained in removing those rights seems questionable.
Sanity checks might work in a small community, but assuming a user has been
gone for years, I don't see the utility.

-Luna