[WikiEN-l] Neutrality enforcement: a proposal

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:31:18 UTC 2009

Yes, primary and secondary education in history is almost always pro-that
country's POV.  So editors arrive having learned certain things in
respectable settings and sincerely believe what they picked up in the
classroom.  A relatively small number of people study beyond that, many of
whom read with the unrecognized intention of confirming the bias they've
already acquired.

So of all our site's long term disputes, nationalism conflicts would be
among the hardest to solve with the NPOV enforcement model.  In medicine, by
contrast, there's relative agreement about what's mainstream and what isn't.

-Durova

http://durova.blogspot.com/