[WikiEN-l] Neutrality enforcement: a proposal

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:30:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:24 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/8 stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com>:
>
>> Certainly is true that one side is nationalistic and self-centered and the
>> other is undereducated and lacking in conceptual sophistication. But how
>> does it help our
>> discussion to to say either of these things?
>

> The trouble with ethnic conflict articles is that, rather than a few
> problem editors, there's an effectively infinite stream of partisans.
> (For whatever reason: local education is often partisan rather than
> NPOV?) So, even though a core of opinionated-though-neutral editors
> accumulates, there's an eternal stream of people who don't know and
> don't care about NPOV or Wikipedia principles in general - as far as
> they're concerned, someone is being WRONG on the Internet.

Indeed.  The solution to Israel-Palestine disputes on Wikipedia is
that there be some lasting resolution to the meatspace
Israel-Palestine conflict.  Sadly, I think that is beyond the
capabilities of even our esteemed Arbitration Committee.

--
Sam
PGP public key: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Sam_Korn/public_key