[WikiEN-l] Twitterpedia will win

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Fri May 8 07:26:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
<cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Post Scriptum:
>
> If I really wanted to criticize that one line summary of an epic
> event, the way would be to point out, just as Thucydides did
> in his final years, how intimately Persia was working in the
> scaffolding of the theater, as it were.

"Peloponnesian War (431-404BC): epoch-defining war between Greek city
states, fomented by Persia."?

Twitterpedia might find a niche for a *range* of different one-line
summaries of events, where it is the differences between the summaries
that help bring out key points.

Carcharoth