[WikiEN-l] Twitterpedia will win

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri May 8 07:17:01 UTC 2009

Carcharoth wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
> <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:

The result is not giveable. It was inconclusive at best, and genuinely
not capsulisable.
> Was the Delian League an empire or not? Discuss.

The Delian League doesn't deserve the name. You could just as
justifiedly call a grouping of cats a herd, but people would just
laugh at you.
> Is it right to call the Pelopponnesian League "Spartan-led forces"?

I so posit.
> Should such a summary (for Twitterpedia) be just facts or some opinion as well?

Not my remit.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville "This is SPARTA!!!" Heiskanen

Post Scriptum:

If I really wanted to criticize that one line summary of an epic
event, the way would be to point out, just as Thucydides did
in his final years, how intimately Persia was working in the
scaffolding of the theater, as it were.