[WikiEN-l] Microsoft kills Encarta

Scientia Potentia est bibliomaniac_15 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 22:29:43 UTC 2009

Another one bites the dust.

bibliomaniac15

--- On Mon, 3/30/09, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
From: David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
Subject: [WikiEN-l] Microsoft kills Encarta
To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 12:39 PM

[spotted by Mathias Schindler]

http://encarta.msn.com/guide_page_FAQ/FAQ.html

Important Notice: MSN Encarta to be Discontinued
On October 31, 2009, MSN® Encarta® Web sites worldwide will be
discontinued, with the exception of Encarta Japan, which will be
discontinued on December 31, 2009. Additionally, Microsoft will cease
to sell Microsoft Student and Encarta Premium software products
worldwide by June 2009. We understand that Encarta users may have
questions regarding this announcement so we have prepared this list of
questions and answers below. Please keep reading if you would like