[WikiEN-l] The sharpest criticism of a protein-only or geneticshypothesis regarding [[prion]]

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Thu Mar 19 01:41:45 UTC 2009

<!-- I like three things about the experiment after this paragraph:
1. It shows that the disease tranmits from one species to another through
food.
2. It is cheap to run, because Hamsters develop the disease faster than any
other lab animal.
3. It supports dominant theory that D.N.A., structured protein, and water
are essential to life. -->

"Agent of [[:category:amyloidosis]] survives temperatures that destroy
protein and [[DNA]]"
<ref name="pmid10716712">{{cite journal
|author=Brown P, Rau EH, Johnson BK, Bacote AE, Gibbs CJ, Gajdusek DC
|title=New studies on the heat resistance of hamster-adapted scrapie agent:
threshold survival after ashing at 600 degrees C suggests an inorganic
template of replication
|journal=[[Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.]]
|volume=97
|issue=7
|pages=3418-21
|year=2000