[WikiEN-l] History started in 1995

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 01:42:30 UTC 2009

2009/3/5 phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>:

> and a decent bibliography on any topic may be one of the greatest
> services Wikipedia provides in a few years.

It's one of the greatest services we provide *now*. Even when the
article prose has been turned into querulous grey mush, all but
unreadable and uneditable between the text creaking tortured beneath a
crippling weight of leechlike subclauses and the <ref> tags nailing
the subclauses to its flesh, people LOVE the reference lists. They're
perfect for further reading, or writing a non-sucky version of the
article yourself.

- d.