[WikiEN-l] News agencies are not RSs

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:34:54 UTC 2009

Can I ask what policy this was done under? While I generally approve
of the action here, it seems that the admins involved were not
entirely following the letter or really entirely the spirit of
Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons. So how are they not
technically rouge admins?

So shouldn't there, if practical to do so, a policy for this kind of
thing? At the very least that way the boundaries of what is and isn't
acceptable can be discussed.

I'm also left wondering whether there are any other similar things
going on, either temporary activities, or extended ones; or whether
there have been in the past. If administrators do things, how is a
user supposed to know that they're doing it for a sensible reason,
rather than some less savoury purpose?

--
-Ian Woollard

"All the world's a stage... but you'll grow out of it eventually."