[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 21:45:46 UTC 2009

2009/6/27 stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2009/6/27 stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com>:
>> > Hm. Well, as for myself, I was striving for unanimity.
>>
>> You won't get it. Dispute resolution is too controversial a topic for
>> that. You might manage consensus on some fairly minor proposals, but I
>> can't see unanimity happening for anything non-trivial.
>>

> Well we can count on your support at least. That's called progress, in my
> humble opinion.

No, you can't. I don't support any proposal for a new mailing list for
dispute resolution. However, I won't object to one for discussion
*about* DR (that's the difference between consensus and unaminity -
for consensus you just need people to not object, for unanimity you
need their support). I do object to a mailing list where DR is
actually intended to happen.