[WikiEN-l] A new solution for the BLP dilemma

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Tue Jun 9 01:10:12 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net>
To: wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Sent: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 2:50 pm
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] A new solution for the BLP dilemma

>>Was he merely silent about the issue, or did he say "I own the
>>copyright, go
>>ahead and host it

>The person who uploaded the audio program, received permission to do
>so, from the copyright owner.  That however isn't sufficient for
>wikilawyers who insist that the audio must be obtainable from an
>official website directly tied to the original program and that any
>transcript must come directly from the original copyright holder, etc
>etc etc. Certified, stamped, signed, and laminated.

Can you point me to some discussion about this?  The link to the Arbcom
decision doesn't seem to discuss this point much at all.  The link to
the Wikipedia:COPYRIGHT policy doesn't seem to apply, since it says that
you shouldn't link to an external site with a copy of a work if you
*know*
that it's violating copyright (i.e. the default is to assume that the
link
is okay and you need a specific reason to exclude it.)>>

---------------------

Gosh I think it was a few *years* ago that it was pointed out on the
Talk page of the Matt Sanchez article, that the audio snippet of the
Alan Colmes radio program had been uploaded with permission.  In fact
that clip still exists online, I just ran into it the other day yet
again.

But Ken I stopped following the back-and-forth on Matt Sanchez from the
time it degenerated into "Theatre of the Ridiculous".  The audio
snippet (I think its about six minutes or so) is linked however from my
own write-up which I linked in my past mesage.

Will Johnson