[WikiEN-l] A new solution for the BLP dilemma

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Jun 8 21:50:33 UTC 2009

>>Was he merely silent about the issue, or did he say "I own the
>>copyright, go
>>ahead and host it

>The person who uploaded the audio program, received permission to do
>so, from the copyright owner.  That however isn't sufficient for
>wikilawyers who insist that the audio must be obtainable from an
>official website directly tied to the original program and that any
>transcript must come directly from the original copyright holder, etc
>etc etc. Certified, stamped, signed, and laminated.

Can you point me to some discussion about this?  The link to the Arbcom
decision doesn't seem to discuss this point much at all.  The link to
the Wikipedia:COPYRIGHT policy doesn't seem to apply, since it says that
you shouldn't link to an external site with a copy of a work if you *know*
that it's violating copyright (i.e. the default is to assume that the link
is okay and you need a specific reason to exclude it.)