No subject

Thu Jul 16 06:53:57 UTC 2009

Evelyn Fox Keller & Elisabeth Lloyd,
 "Adaptation, Current uses" by Mary Jane West-Eberhard,

"An 'adaptation' is a characteristic of an organism whose form is the
result of selection in a particular functional context  Accordingly.
the process of 'adaptation' is the evolutionary modification of a
character under selection for efficient or advantageous
(fitness-enhancing) functioning in a particular context....  p.13

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.