[WikiEN-l] A modest proposal - a recap of resolution-l

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 29 06:46:48 UTC 2009

stevertigo wrote:
>  And I am not really "forcing" the issue - just getting
> the road cleared is all.
Oh, have it your own way, then. It just looked, superficially, as if you
were dead set on alienating large numbers of people, spamming lists,
creating personal frictions and all that.

The thing is, if you are going to call up the "old days" precedents,
then it will not do to invoke a partial and sepia-tinted version. There
are several things we (I'm also an old-school Wikipedian) worked out
then, including the idea that "Wikipedia is not a battleground". There
are certainly people who continue to act as if it is. It is all very
well to get worked up about glasnost' issues - we saw a lot of that in
the last election. A rolling manifesto of abusing anyone connected with
Arbitration is not actually any kind of solution to anything.

What you seek to do might very well be achieved by some forum
unconnected to Wikipedia in any official sense.

Charles