[WikiEN-l] Blocking / moderation

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 07:50:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Carcharoth<carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:

> He does have a point. Jimbo founding principles did have something
> about keeping mailing lists open. I would hope that this applies to
> foundation-l as much as wiki-en-l, which I believe predates the
> foundation mailing list.
>
> Do we have a mailing list historian around here? I know I could look
> back at the earliest archives, but a personal touch would be nice if
> there are any, ahem, *real* dinosaurs around here. Any of the 2001
> crew still subscribed?

I don't think we necessarily need any historians, dinosaurs, or other
oldbies other than the ones we've got. I've been around since '02 -
not really posting to wikien-l until '03 (sort of didn't like the
idea). You're an oldbie as well, I well know. And not to mention, in
'01 to mid-late '02, Larry was still around, and Jimbo's approach to
Wikipedia was more detached and casual. Sanger did a lot of the early
designing. Wales then came along and did a lot of the founding. Much
of it, appropriately, on principles of openness and transparency.

Much has changed for the worse now - what with Jimbo retired and out
of the picture.

-Stevertigo