[WikiEN-l] ANI curiosity

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:08:38 UTC 2009

Mainly I'm on wikibreak and trying to do other things. Though you wouldn't
think it.....

It wouldn't be hard to do as you suggest (analyze 2 - 3 archive pages?) but
the views of users are in themselves interesting and valuable. It's user
feedback, not just internal measurements, that count, when a person asks for
help. A user comments that there's issues at ANI, the easiest way is to ask
how users see it.

There's another more significant reason too; I'm not sure how statistically
measurable it would be. There's consideable diversity on these kinds of
issues and where users see a problem, and I'm after a wider view than my
own.

Finally it may simply happen that serious issues come up less frequently and
the sample chosen wouldn't include any of the kind people mean, even though
ANI regulars know they happen often enough.

FT2