[WikiEN-l] Featured churn

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:26:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Steve Bennett<stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2009-07-06/Features_and_admins
>
> I couldn't help but notice:
> * Five articles were promoted to featured status this week
> * Four articles were delisted this week.
> * Twelve lists were promoted to featured status this week
> * Eight lists were delisted this week
>
> What a lot of churn. So the overall rate was merely +1 FA, +4 FL (and
> also 3 topics and three images).
>
> Is it always this bad?

There are long-term stats somewhere, and they could be updated if you
asked. I suggest identifying which of the featured areas you want to
see long-term stats for, and asking at the relevant talk pages. An
approximation to these stats could be obtained by going through the
Signpost summaries.

Carcharoth