[WikiEN-l] admins blocking but refusing to justify which policy orguideline applies

Phil Nash pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 12 22:22:26 UTC 2009

R E Broadley wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am writing here pretty much as a last resort. I have been blocked
>> by an admin for 1 month, but despite repeated requests for an
>> explanation as to which policy or guideline justifies my block, four
>> admins so far have declined to answer this. I consider this to be a
>> simple question to ask, and would expect no less than the ability
>> for an admin to be able to justify the block by citing applicable
>> policy.
>>
>> Please can someone look into this?
>>
>> I also am concerned that four admins have chosen to decline the
>> unblock request without feeling it necessary to provide the
>> explanation requested.
>>
>> In a court of law it's mandatory that the accused is given their
>> reasons, and the applicable statute or case law referred to. Is there
>> no similar requirement for justice within Wikipedia?
>>
>> I also think there should be a facility for admins who operate
>> outside of the law (if it can be called that) to be able to face
>> consequences for their actions by some higher governing body - does
>> such a body exist?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> R E Broadley (User:Rebroad)

You seem to have had numerous opportunities to address the reasons why you
were blocked; admins appear to have not only given cogent reasons for
declining an unblock, but have explained them, with appropriate links. In
your position, it would seem your only recourse now is to email the
Arbitration Committe for a final decision. In advising thus, I regard only
the mechanics of the situation ; if your argument has merits, it's clear you
have not convinced any admin to unblock you. Sorry, but [[WP:GAB]] is
helpful in these circumstances.

[[User:Rodhullandemu]]