[WikiEN-l] Bible websites

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jul 7 17:59:46 UTC 2009

stevertigo wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Charles Matthews wrote:
>
>> stevertigo wrote:
>>
>>> Do I understand this to be a personal invective directed at me?
>>>
>> It's a Tolkien reference, but I suppose if Carcharoth didn't get it, it
>> is fairly obscure.
>>
> Ah. So "corrupted ent" is just your sly way of calling me a "troll,"
> one that by mentioning Tolkien has the added benefit of making you
> look like a kind Tolkien-fan genius - even while making an undue
> personal attack.

I didn't understand the allusion either until Carcharoth provided the
link, but I would prefer to avoid having my ignorance of a concept as a
foundation for perceiving a personal attack.
> Which kind of troll, by the way, do you suppose I am?  Stone troll,
> maybe? River troll?

A long-line troll with plenty of bait on the hooks.

> Just to amuse myself, I'm searching now for the appropriate fallacy to
> describe, categorize, and thus contain your vexatious litigation. Just
> flipping through my short list of fallacies, perhaps the classic "do
> you still beat your wife?" fallacy would be a good place to start.

"Litigation"???  Once you have presumed fallacy it is only a matter of
time before your short list is expanded sufficiently to find an
including category.

Ec