[WikiEN-l] Bible websites

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 02:52:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 6:50 PM, David Carson<carson63000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you actually read Charles' message, or just stop after the first
> sentence to fire off a reply? He wasn't saying "why on earth would
> Wikipedia be citing the BIBLE?!", he was saying that you need to look at
> the reason for the citation because that may well affect your choice of
> which version to cite.

Your right. His message though was quite characteristically
sophisticated, and I of course knew that he did not mean to suggest
that we *not quote the Bible.

Still I sort of took the liberty of interpreting his first statement a
bit literally, and maybe out of context too, just to make a tangential
reference to the fact that ~65% percent of us are devoutly atheistic,
and yet are dealing, somewhat accurately, with technical aspects that
directly affect theological sourcing. It's always slightly ironic when
atheists deal with theological topics, and myself being, by design,
one of the other ~35%, I felt a bit compelled to bring that up in as
flat and contrite a way as possible.

Apologies to Charles for the out of context parsing. I'm hoping he
didn't take it without a grain of salt and a read between the lines.

-Stevertigo