[WikiEN-l] Bible websites

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:05:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Magnus
Manske<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Come to think of it:
>
> The bible is either wrong, in which case it shouldn't be cited.
>
> Or it's true, which would mean that it was dictated by God himself.
> Wouldn't that make it original research?

The Bible is a well-known ancient work with great cultural
significance.  Its status as fiction or fact is almost beside the
point.  It is accurate about what it itself says, which can be cited
as appropriate to inform articles where what it said was/is relevant.

(And I know I'm taking a joking suggestion seriously, prolonging the joke!)

-Matt