[WikiEN-l] Bible websites

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Sun Jul 5 18:10:06 UTC 2009

2009/7/5  <WJhonson at aol.com>:
> I noticed as I was fixing up one article that we appearently have a tag
> bibleverse that links to *one specific* website.
>
> I'm not comfortable with that sort of approach.  It seems to highly favor a
> particular bible website over other similar ones.
>
> Don't we have a similar issue when linking to a book citation?  That is, we
> provide several sources for the ultimate underlying book citation, not just
> a single link to amazon for example.

Our ISBN links go to a page which generates about twelve thousand
links to different booksellers, libraries, etc.

For things like biblical quotations, it would seem that this is a
marvellous niche for Wikisource, if we can figure out an elegant way
to do it and keep the user functionality.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk