[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 02:23:21 UTC 2009

 The language chosen will hopefully be as ENGLISH-like as possible, even it that means it requires more typing.? The hyper-complex and excessively structured codes of most languages make it difficult for the vast majority of our contributors to even try to make a break into them.

In addition to that, English-like languages are easier for programmers in other languages to pick up because they seem more sensible than learning a whole new set of obscure codewords and symbols.? A language that uses "AND" instead of "&", "+" or "[]".? A language that uses "NOT" instead of "-", "/" or "_".

That would be helpful.

Will Johnson