[WikiEN-l] Notability and Fiction

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 18:07:40 UTC 2009

In a message dated 7/1/2009 5:05:46 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
andrewrturvey at googlemail.com writes:

You're  suggesting that [[WP:FICT]] and presumably other specific
guidelines should be  allowed to depart from the central guideline which would just
become a default  guideline to be applied where a subsidiary guideline
doesn't exist?  >>
---------------

A little while ago I was reading through our article on the list of Outer
Limits episodes and I noticed a tag at the top that I'd not seen before.
It said something like that the source itself is not generally considered
sufficient for an article.  Thinking about that more, it's a bit odd.

For a person, you can't interview them and then write up their biography,
but let's say you watched an Outer Limits episode.  It states who the
actors were, what the title was, you can write a generally simply and bland
overview of the plot.  It's a primary source, but surely you are merely
*describing* the source, you are not interpreting it.

_http://knol.google.com/k/chair-potato/chairpotato-presents-outer-limits/hyu
jx7mco9jp/4_
(http://knol.google.com/k/chair-potato/chairpotato-presents-outer-limits/hyujx7mco9jp/4) #

Will Johnson