[WikiEN-l] NOR contradicts NPOV

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 19:39:09 UTC 2009

<<In a message dated 1/7/2009 1:26:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
saintonge at telus.net writes:

One  merely writes about
what he finds; if there is a controversy there will  always be someone
else available to document the other  side.>>

Sure, but with balance.  The main point here in this side-thread was  should
we write up research papers (essentially).
And the counter is, if the paper has become important enough to be in our
project, some secondary work will have mentioned it.
That mention then opens the door to cite the primary work as well.
If *no one has mentioned it* that is pretty much the essential point of "Is
it important?"

If everyone is ignoring you, then you're not important enough to have a
biography certainly.
This works for people and for papers.
(Actually if you can show evidence that *everyone* is ignoring you, you may
be important.... but that's another world.)

Will Johnson