[WikiEN-l] Annoying exonyms (was: hatnotes)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:54:18 UTC 2009

2009/8/24 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:

> In practice the end point of Natural language processing and large
> scale digitalisation is likely to be made to request computer
> generated custom articles. Wikipedia with it's surprisingly structured
> entries is likely to be used as a significant stepping stone in this
> direction.

Yes. Rather a lot of conversations I have with random geeks are along
these lines.

Basically, infoboxes = machine-readable data = good. So the way to go
there would be to make template plumbing give data more amenable to
chewing on. (Standardised names for template parameters, e.g. name,
photo.)

- d.