[WikiEN-l] Slashdot article

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 19:14:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Steve Summit wrote:
>> One of the meta-messages of this thread is that we ought not
>> to extremify everything, ought not to constantly apply rigid
>> one-size-fits-all cookie-cutter thinking.
>>
>> Will is seriously suggesting that the line did not have to be
>> removed immediately.
>
> Okay.  Considering that this happened in a BLP, this is one of the stupidest
> suggestions I've seen.

I don't think calling someone "stupid" is helpful here. I do share the
opinion that when someone objects to unsourced information in a BLP,
it has become contentious at that point and must be removed until and
unless it can be sourced. (That, indeed, was the original idea of BLP,
and that was the BLP I supported, not this monstrous "Don't hurt
anybody's FEEWINGS, sourced or not!" that it's become.) But I can see
the other side here, we weren't exactly saying this guy is a child
molester.

--
Freedom is the right to say that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.