[WikiEN-l] WP articles citing other WP articles??

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:11:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Philip Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nope, Wikipedia should never be used as a citation.
>
> I think this position is unhelpfully hardline - in the case of fiction
> articles at least, a citation to another article seems fine in some
> cases so long as that article is well-referenced.
[snip]

Right.  Wikipedia should never be used in an attempt to meet the
requirement that articles be well sourced and verifiable.    Right now
we have an unfortunate practice of confusing footnotes which are
needed to meet the verifiability requirements with ones which are
merely useful for the reader.