[WikiEN-l] Slashdot article

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 18:17:44 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/27/2008 10:33:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
arromdee at rahul.net writes:

Because  common sense would indicate that someone who claims to be George
Bush when  fixing an article probably isn't.  George Bush is a massively
well  known public figure who is likely to be a target for impersonation.
We  already have WP:NPF which makes this distinction, so it's not exactly a
new  idea that some people are more public than others.

I'm sure that if  someone claiming to be George Bush had written an article
for Edge, they'd  have verified his identity too.>>
So you think we should allow some non-verified people to fix their own
articles, and others not.
And where exactly do you draw the line on a case-by-case basis then?
This particular case wouldn't count since Jaron Lanier is definitely a
public person, by choice I might add.

Will Johnson